May is National Physical Fitness month and a great time to start getting in shape for summer. One thing Fountain Valley is not short on is workout facilities, and we’ve put together a list of the best deals at local gyms and fitness clubs:
- Anytime Fitness is open 24 hours and available whenever you feel the need to pump iron. They offer a free seven-day membership, so you can check out the facilities. This month, it is running a special with a zero-cost initiation and a month-to-month fee of $39.
- With an indoor swimming pool, LA Fitness is able to offer year-round aqua fitness classes. It also has racquetball courts and features classes and league play. You can print a three-day pass from its website, and the monthly special is a $99 one-time fee and $29.99 per month.
- Ms Fitness is a women’s health club committed to helping gals enjoy a healthy lifestyle. It features a seven-day refund guarantee: If you join and find it is not the right club for you, your money will be refunded. It offers full-access memberships, but you can also sign up for specific classes. The special this month is 10 Zumba classes for only $59.
- Open 24 hours a day, 24 Hour Fitness has a kids club, where your little ones can play while you work out. It have a seven-day free membership, so you can try it out before joining. This month it is running a special on personal training: three 50-minute sessions for $129.
- Curves specializes in a 30-minute circuit that combines strength and aerobic training. Its new offering is a Zumba Circuit, which uses Zumba movements for the aerobic portion of the workout. It offers a free week membership to get a feel for the program and the special this month is a 50 percent discount on the one-time enrollment fee, bringing it down to $49.