Fountain Valley might be a nice place to live, but with wide-open streets and long straightways that seem built almost like a racetrack, it can be a downright dangerous place to drive. Whether it's never-ending construction, gridlock or the always unpredictable human factor, everyone has an intersection they love to hate -- or fear to tread:
- The one with the left-turn signal that doesn't let enough cars through each time.
- The blind intersection where moving forward means risking a wreck.
- The four-way stop that needs a signal.
- The street corner where drivers regularly run red lights.
- The signal where traffic backs up forever.
- The metered freeway on-ramp that seems interminable -- or the off-ramp that backs up to Nevada.
For several weeks, Patch has been asking readers to vote on their favorite places around town. But we also want to hear about unfavorites -- from yuckiest public restroom to worst graffiti -- in hopes of spurring public officials, merchants or others to fix things up.
We’re kicking off our Patch Patrol feature with annoying traffic intersections.
Tell us about the streetcorner you dread the most -- where it is and why you hate it. Vent, fume and fulminate all you like, but please keep the language clean. We’ll take nominees this week and vote for the worst traffic nightmare next week.