Here's what's happening in and around Fountain Valley this weekend:
1. BBQ Lovers Dream. The beaches of Huntington Beach will be filled with the unmistakable carnal aroma of smoked meat this weekend, as the Ribs, Pigs & Watermelons Beer Festival and Pro BBQ Competition posts up at Beach Boulevard and PCH Lot 10. The three-day festival will feature some of the best pro pitmasters in the country, all serving up their best ribs, pulled pork, chicken, tri-tip and more. Single-day, multi-day and VIP tickets are available here: http://www.rpwbbq.com/
2. Movies in the Park. In the second week of the the summer movies series, "The Adventures of Tin Tin" will be shown at Harper Park 8675 Bluebird Ave. on Friday, Aug. 16. That night Tornado Potatoes and Garlicscapes food trucks will be on-site. The free event begins at 6:30 p.m.
3. I Scream, You Scream... Fountain Valley Historical Society and The Volunteer Clowns of Orange County will host an ice cream social on Saturday, Aug. 17, at 1 p.m. at Heritage Park, 17635 Los Alamos St. For More Information contact: Leslie Montz 714-378-1952 or firstname.lastname@example.org
4. The Crossroads of the West Gun Show kicks off at 9 a.m. Sunday at the OC Fair and Event Center. Main Mall, Santa Ana Pavilion and the Costa Mesa, Huntington Beach, Anaheim and Los Alamitos buildings, 88 Fair Drive, Costa Mesa.
5. Weekend Weather. Fountain Valley will see mostly sunny skies, with a few times of cloudiness this weekend. Temperatures are expected to be in the high 70s to low 80s all weekend long.