Valentine’s Day is almost here and so are some love-ly deals to make your V-Day special, without breaking your budget:
1. A dozen red roses can be expensive on Valentine's Day and also a bit cliché. For a simpler, more romantic statement, try a trio of long-stemmed roses in colors to express your feelings; red for love, pink for beauty, yellow for joy, white for fidelity, lavender for enchantment, and orange for desire. Lavender Memory Flowers and Gifts has single long-stemmed roses for $5 each through February 15. Add on a darling plush animal for $15.
2. offers a variety of massage styles and techniques. The hot stone massage is especially relaxing. In honor of Valentine’s Day, they are offering a special deal on a couple’s massage. You get a private room with 2 tables, candles, music, 2 massage therapists, and a 55 minute couple’s massage for $140.
3. If you want to toast to your love with a bottle of bubbly, then the best place to go is . There is quite a wide range of choices, but I liked the Moet & Chandon Imperial Champagne for $29.99 or it's little sister Domaine Chandon California Brut for $12.99.
4. The hot new trend for Valentine's Day at are recordable storybooks. These are classics, like "Good Night Moon" and "How Much Do I Love You?," that come with a built-in sound unit. First, you record yourself reading the story out loud. Then, when you give the book to your loved one, it will read the story to them, in your voice. The recordable books are $29.99.
5. For a gift of love that keeps on loving, consider adopting a rescue pet. On Saturday, Feb. 12, several rescue organizations will be in front of on Brookhurst, with animals in need of your love. The adoption agency can help guide you to the pet that will be the best fit for your lifestyle and family, and you’ll be giving that pet a Valentine's Gift they will treasure…their own family to love forever.